Australia bouncy castle tragedy death toll reaches 6

A sixth youngster has died as a result of the Australian bouncy castle tragedy, according to authorities. The 11-year-old boy died in hospital on Sunday.

It comes three days after a giant inflatable castle in Devenport, Tasmania, lifted off the ground at an end-of-term school party.

Tasmania police commissioner Darren Hine said, “It is with a heavy heart that I can report an 11-year-old kid lost away in hospital this afternoon.”

“During this very painful time, our thoughts remain with his family, as well as the families and loved ones of all the children affected.”

Three 12-year-old boys and two 12-year-old girls died earlier this year when a burst of wind threw the bouncy castle into the air during a school year end celebration.

Two other children are still in critical condition in a hospital in Hobart, while one is improving at home.

The tragedy sparked outpourings of grief in the local community as well as across Australia.

Outside the school, floral tributes have risen, and an online fundraising for impacted families has raised more than Aus$1.2 million ($850,000).

Initial witness reports indicated that the youngsters were thrown from a height of roughly 10 metres, according to authorities (33 feet).

Authorities in Tasmania have launched an investigation into the incident, which they estimate to take “some time.”

Specialist police are being flown to the island state to aid in the interrogating of those who attended the outdoor celebration, which was attended by about 40 elementary school youngsters.

Latest articles

China to send more 1bn Covid vaccines to Africa

President Xi Jinping said on Monday at the all-virtual Davos meeting that China will provide another one billion doses of Covid-19 vaccinations to African...

Ahead of elections, Australia’s opposition toughens China stance

Anthony Albanese, Australia's opposition leader, said the government must respond to Beijing in a firm but diplomatic manner, toughening his stance on China ahead...

Underwater volcanic eruption: Aus, NZ braces up to aid tsunami-hit Tonga

On Monday, Australia and New Zealand sent surveillance planes to Tonga, which was cut off from the rest of the world when an underwater...

Djokovic 3-year visa ban can end early: Australian PM

Following his expulsion, tennis star Novak Djokovic may be able to return to Australia sooner than expected, according to the country's prime minister. On Sunday,...

Related articles

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here